Vietnam is gaining a place in backpackers list these days. But if you ask Indians about it, there is still lack of awareness and we do underestimate the beauty of Vietnam.
But, Now I would say it has a lot to offer to nature lovers and backpackers. I have been there once and yes I can say that “I want to visit again”.
I would say 5 reasons Vietnam should be on every backpacker’s list are:
Great landscapes, lakes, paddies, limestone islands topped by rainforests, limestone outcrops amid serene rice paddies, natural waterfalls, great roads for a long drive, etc.
- First and foremost, It is diverse and beautiful.
- It is affordable to travel across.
- Friendly people, as they are not used to so much of tourists. You will find that locals are friendly and happy to have you there. When told by one of the cruise guides in Halong Bay, I also realised that he is true about his statement: Thailand and Vietnam traveller footfall every year differs to a great extent though Vietnam has a lot to offer as well. But the only thing missing is Vietnam does not offer something that places like Pattaya and Phuket do. 😉
- As the quantity of travellers here is relatively less than neighbouring countries so it is less prone to travel traps. Though if you are well informed and well aware of the places from the blogs like this I doubt you can fell into any such traps. So, just stay well informed.
- Travellers are welcomed, unlike in countries which are overcrowded by travellers.
- Nature has a lot to offer in different forms. Limestones islands, limestones between the paddies.
- Good spicy food, also you could even find great Indian food.
Below, I will share some of the glimpses from my trip, but believe me when I say a glimpse I actually mean it. It has a lot to offer to travellers. I will share more detailed articles about places in other articles. Purpose of this one is just to show you a snapshot of all together at one place.
You can check how affordable stays are in Vietnam from the link below.